Driftless Books & Music began in 2004 with the purchase of Connecticut bookseller Robert Shui’s Torrington CT warehouse. That was our first 100,000 books — since then we have purchased 7 used bookstores in 5 states. The building hosts half a million books and pieces of related media.
In 2009 we moved into the Viroqua Tobacco Warehouse in Viroqua WI, where we’ve lived ever since. We have had hundreds of events in the 7 years we have been here — and we look forward to more great future events.
WHERE WE GET OUR BOOKS:
We have purchased 7 bookstores and acquired hundreds of collections from local folks. We continue to seek out interesting books in any area. Most of the books that are brought in are exchange for store credit — we do sometimes pay cash for exceptional better books.
Our Book Collection Policy:
- We’ll accept any books donated except ones with mold on them
- We’ll almost always offer store credit and trade, and sometimes we’ll pay cash for better books
- Collections of all sizes interest us.
Book Acquisition: Donating, Trading & Selling Books:
- Books can be dropped off at our store location anytime during our business hours.
- For larger collections, please call ahead.
- We will also do house calls where we will evaluate the books.